Various body posture for meditation.
Sit tall and balanced so that your body becomes relaxed and pleasant on its own.
- Stand with feet pointed straight ahead, parallel to each other, and firmly on the ground at shoulder width.
- Evenly distribute body weight on your feet, especially the 3 points of contact that the bottom of your foot makes with the ground.
- Your feet and toes gently grabbing the floor/ground.
- Bend knees just slightly.
- Stand relaxed and pleasant without tension.
- It is even better if you can stand on bare foot on the ground, rock or grass.
Lying Down Posture
Lie down on a floor or firm surface, not soft.
There are various lying down postures:
- just lie down on your back.
- lie on your back with your knees bent while soles of feet touching the floor.
- lie down legs and arms spread like Starfish.
- lie down on a side way.
Posture General Guidelines
- Body relaxed and pleasant without stain.
- When your posture is right, you will experience natural deep breathing, gaining of energy, clear mind and pleasantness.
See also: Meditation